HCEA Howard County Education Association
Your Local Association Provides:
Local Assistance on Workplace Issues
- Fair Labor Standards (ESP Members)
- Workers' Compensation
- Job Descriptions
Expert and Diligent Negotiations
- The exclusive bargaining agent for Howard County teachers, instructional assistants and clerical employees, performed by colleagues with staff assistance to achieve the best possible wages, fringe benefits, and working conditions
Building Level Representatives
- To assist you at your work site and to keep you informed of issues affecting your work environment
Sick Leave Banks
- One for teachers and one for ESP workers administered jointly by HCEA and the Board of Education. Find out more.
- The 'HCEA Works' (our newsletter to keep members informed)
- 'Marketplace' (free member-to-member ads and special discounts from local merchants)
- Special Bulletins emailed and delivered to your work site
Full-time Office Staff
- 5082 Dorsey Hall Drive, Suite 102, Ellicott City, MD 21042
MSEA UniServ Staff Person on Site
- To assist you in all aspects of your work environment
Local Lobbying Efforts
- On local pro-education issues
Tutoring Referral List
Home and Other Loan Services
- Special arrangement with local lenders to help members refinance or purchase a home.
- Discounted for members only from A+ Auto & Home Insurance.
- Mention your HCEA membership to the to these providers to receive discounts.
- United Buying Service (car/furniture purchases)
- Local attorney for personal legal issues (MSEA Attorney Referral)
- Discounts advertised in HCEA Marketplace
- MSEA ACCESS Card discounts with local merchants
Additional benefits click here.
Call (410) 997-3440 or e-mail us for other services and information